Does anyone else feel like this month has FLOWN so far? If there is any month I want to throw on the brakes it’s May. This month is all about celebrating: graduations, weddings, flowers blooming, great weather, pools opening and of course BBQs. This recipe is a fantastic addition to your Memorial Day cookout. It’s more substantial than regular guacamole because of the crab meat so you could even have it as a meal. It offers the perfect sweet kick courtesy of the sweet n’ hot Salad Peppers (I’m kind of obsessed with these at the moment).
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup of jumbo lump crab meat (I use Costco or Trader Joes)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 10 multi-color grape tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- ¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 10 Mt. Olive Sweet n’ Hot Salad Peppers (chopped)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Slice the avocados and remove the pits. Then scoop out into a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add the lump crab meat, cover with lemon juice and toss
- Mix in grape tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, and salad peppers
- Salt to taste
For a great presentation and a low-carb, healthy option to tortilla chips wrap the guacamole in cucumber slices. Using a mandolin, slice cucumbers lengthwise, wrap the slices around the guacamole mixture and secure with a toothpick.