I had to share this recipe with you after testing it out for my boys and husband yesterday. DEVOURED. If you are looking for a delicious red, white and blue appetizer for your upcoming 4th of July BBQ please keep this in mind. The cheesecake whip is fluffy, creamy and addictive (addictive is always good when trying to impress a crowd). Plus it’s so easy and looks beautiful. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers or lil graham dippers (pictured above). Being that I’m pregnant I decided not to focus on making a skinny version, but I offer ingredient alternatives to lighten the cheesecake dip recipe if you choose. As always try to use the best, whole food ingredients to enjoy a quality splurge.
- No Bake Cheesecake Layer
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (for a lightened version use Neufchatel cheese)
- 1/4 cup sugar (for a lighter version just use 1 Tbs)
- 5 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berry Layer
- 1 1/2 pints of blueberries
- 1 1/2 pints of strawberries chopped
- 1 Tbs strawberry preserves (for a lighter version omit this)
- Using a mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add yogurt and vanilla, mix well.
- Pour into serving dish or pie plate and spread evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours)
- Heat strawberry preserves in microwave for 30 seconds. Let cool completely. Combine berries into a bowl and stir in preserves, coating berries. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve arrange fruit over cheesecake later. Serve with graham crackers or vanilla wafers
- When plating, use a slotted spoon to arrange the fruit over the cheesecake layer so the juice from the berries doesn't dilute the cheesecake whip.
Wishing you a fantastic 4th of July with family and friends. – xo CC