I wrote this three years ago (39 weeks pregnant with Brody!), but it is still one of our game-day healthy favorites. This meal is quick, easy and perfect for a last minute family dinner when you have other things consuming your time.
I wanted to share this recipe with you because it’s great for a weeknight or college football Saturdays. It has only 300 calories per serving, but tastes much more sinful. You can even assemble it ahead of time, refrigerate, then bake just before serving!
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
- 2 cups light cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 10 oz frozen brown rice
- 12 oz frozen kernal corn
- 2, 10 oz cans of mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbs chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Microwave the frozen, bagged corn and rice according to directions on package. Let cool to room temp.
- In a big bowl mix together chicken, black beans, cooked rice, corn, 1 Tbs of green onions, enchilada sauce, 1 cup of cheese and spices.
- Pour bowl mixture into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the additional cup of cheese to top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, green onions and lettuce.