So your mom is watching the kids. You have a gorgeous dinner prepared and want a dessert that is delicious, tastes decadent and not all that bad for you? I am excited to share this recipe because it is outstanding and easy! If you like cookie dough, chocolate and gooey goodness, give this recipe a try. This recipe has been modified from an incredible blogger The Wannabe Chef.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Makes about 24 truffles:
For the dough:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour (I love almond flour)!
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
For the coating:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons Organic coconut oil (I use Trader Joes)
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- Cream together the butter, brown and powdered sugars.
- Mix in the vanilla, salt, and almond flour.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Roll ounces of dough into 1-inch balls and put them into the refrigerator to chill.
- Melt the chocolate chips for the coating in over a burner.
- Add in the coconut oil and stir until smooth and runny.
- One by one, dip the chilled dough balls into the melted chocolate and turn them to coat.
- Roll the melted chocolate coated dough balls in the cocoa powder.
- Place the truffles onto a non-stick surface to cool.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve at room temperature.
It was so easy and wonderful! Serve with coffee. I like to take a little bite and then a sip of coffee so the chocolate melts. Yum! CC
Leave a Reply