The magic number when having a sweet treat (at least for me) is Seven. Seven grams of sugar is manageable. If you pay attention to labels, most of the packaged energy bars and snacks proclaimed as “low fat” and “fat free” have much more than 7 grams.
So, I have come up with this concoction and call it the Slim-Babe Parfait. I eat it every day (sometimes twice a day). It is a great way to get your calcium, live cultures and Omega-3 in as well. Plus it tastes AMAZING!
- 1/3 Cup 2% Cottage Cheese (I like Breakstone but will also eat Nancy’s Organic Live Culture)
- 1 TBS Light Whipped Cream (Trader Joes has a great one with no hydrogenated oils)
- 1/4 cup Flavored 100 Calorie Greek Yogurt (Chobani, Dannon, etc). I use the Key Lime, Lemon, Coconut and Dark Cherry depending on my mood.
- 1 TBS Bob’s Red Mill Golden Flax Seed Meal (Make sure it is Golden. Trust me.)
- 3 TBS Unsweetened Almond Milk (I love Silk, but will use Blue Diamond)
In a Ramekin (I like Crate and Barrel’s) or small dessert dish combine all ingredients and stir vigorously.
The almond milk thins out the mixture. I must have the Golden Flax Seed Meal if I’m going to eat the Slim-Babe Parfait! Depending on what flavor of yogurt I use, the Flax Meal tends to taste like toasted coconut or crushed graham cracker (did I mention I have a wonderful imagination)!
Try it and let me know what you think. If you are a fan, substitute for your chocolate fix or high-sugar dessert for a week or two.
A great use of Count Me Healthy bracelets is to count your daily sweets (even fruits count). Drop the sugar, drop the weight.
Love this Chels! My sweet tooth is my biggest weakness! I will try this for sure. I wonder how it would taste with coconut milk?
I love these tips and I am going to try this dessert. Thanks for the great idea on curbing my sugar intake and taking care of my cravings. Happy New Year