So 23 weeks pregnant today! I’m feeling large and in charge. Yesterday I hosted a birthday lunch at my house for a girlfriend who is also pregnant. Now normally a chilled Pinot Grigio is an automatic when having a summer lunch with a friend. Southern front porch = drink in hand. Instead I served Rainbow Coolers, a refreshingly light option for those looking to summer cocktail without the alcohol. They are also a healthy way to get in your fruit servings and replenish electrolytes and potassium with ingredients like coconut and watermelon waters. One thing you really need to watch while pregnant is staying hydrated, so this drink is a plus for any momma-to-be.
- 1 cup cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup juice from cut watermelon or muddled watermelon
- 1/2 cup coconut water (I love Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 can of Grapefruit La Croix sparkling water
- 1/3 cup green seedless grapes halved
- 1 orange peeled and sectioned
- Fill glasses with chunks of watermelon, grapes and orange sections
- Pour in watermelon juice
- Follow with chilled coconut water
- Top with chilled La Croix and stir
- Feel free to substitute with other fruit such as berries and apples.
Do you have any go-to, non-alcoholic summer sips this mum can try? Cheers to staying cool and hydrated. xx CC